The UX Designer will collaborate with senior team members, and across multidisciplinary teams to create insightful, empathetic, data-driven experiences for clients and their users. Utilizing design thinking and working within an agile process, you will conduct user research and testing, create user flow diagrams, build comprehensive wireframes in Figma, as well as contribute to the rationale behind user-centred design decisions.
No one is an island — We believe in sharing work early and often, so you will work iteratively and collaboratively on rough notes and sketches, before hunkering down on detailed high-quality deliverables for our clients.
This role will be short term to start (a few weeks to month) but possibility of being extended to longer term.
At POWERSHiFTER, we deliver brilliant digital solutions that put people first. We believe that organically fostering an environment based on equality, trust and transparency will generate great ideas.
As part of the POWERSHiFTER team, you will have access to some of the brightest minds in design, technology and strategy. You will work in an environment that values people, collaborating with team members, process and performance.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We appreciate everyone who has taken the time to submit an application, but due to the high volume, we will only be contacting those who are successful in making in through to the next phase.
We believe that when you start with empathy, amazing things can happen. You will champion this belief through the practice of design thinking and human-centred design principles (HCD) on both client and internal work.
- Work with senior team members to conceptualize and execute designs that will advance clients’ businesses.
- Perform UX audits, help facilitate user testing, and present recommendations on major projects that involve user experience.
- Participate in research, stakeholder interviews, and document your findings
- Develop research-backed personas and journey maps
- Create user flow and site architecture diagrams to present the clearest path to user goal completion
- Collaborate with the Digital Science team to assure design decisions are data-driven
- Build wireframes in Figma, but be flexible with tools such as Miro, Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, and Framer
- Have a working knowledge of how design systems are created and maintained
- Work independently and efficiently to meet deadlines.
- Experience with game design & workflows is an asset
- Share acquired skills with team members through formal and informal channels.
- Have fun!
- Minimum education requirements: Relevant Bachelor Degree
- Minimum experience requirements: 2-3+ Years of relevant work experience