We are looking for a Visual Designer who can not only execute against an existing roadmap, but also propel the team forward with insatiable curiosity and a drive to champion exceptional work. You will be involved in every step of product development, from user research and exploring concepts, to ensuring quality design through launch and future iteration.
This will be a part-time contract position to start. Required hours will be discussed during the interview process with the successful candidates.
luxxee™ is a new online destination where luxury watch aficionados can learn about and buy luxury watches at competitive prices. Our aim is to demystify the luxury watch industry and put power in the hands of buyers. With a retail search platform at its core, our product is bolstered by a rich and dynamic repository of watch-specific content.
luxxee™ is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We appreciate everyone who has taken the time to submit an application, but due to the high volume, we will only be contacting those who are successful in making it through to the next phase.
Please note that POWERSHiFTER is posting this job on behalf of luxxee™ and this is not a role within POWERSHiFTER.
What you'll do:
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to identify and prioritize opportunities for improvement to the user experience through visual design.
- Continue to define and expand a new brand
- Articulate and present visual design and design rationale to team members.
- Apply key principles of interface design to all screen-based media, including mobile, and emerging formats like design systems.
- Craft designs that adopt principles of conversion-centred design (CCD) to achieve cycles of user testing and analytics.
- Work closely with the development team to bring static designs to life through micro animations and elegant page transitions.
- Create graphics and imagery to support editorial content.
- Use your talent for transforming great concepts into engaging creative that captures the imaginations of our customers.
- 3+ years of experience in a UI or product design role on a team working across the entire product development lifecycle and successfully shipping products.
- Experience designing web-based and/or mobile applications.
- Portfolio must demonstrate strong understanding of user experience, exceptional user interface design, and design thinking skills that span the entire product design process. Understanding and articulating your rationale is crucial.
- Experience working effectively with cross-functional teams including guiding designs throughout the development cycle.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment with an ability to make tradeoffs and deliver impactful experiences for luxxee™ customers .