At POWERSHiFTER, we deliver brilliant digital solutions that put people first. We believe that organically fostering an environment based on equality, trust and transparency will generate great ideas.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
The UI designer will collaborate with multidisciplinary teams and clients to design insightful, empathetic and simplicity focused experiences. Utilizing design thinking and agile processes you will create stunning visuals and interactive prototypes that find a balance between aesthetic and function.
As part of the POWERSHiFTER team you will have access to some of the most passionate, engaged and empathetic experts in service design, user experience, UI design, technology, and strategy. You will work in an environment that values people, process and performance, collaborating with team members and clients both in person and remotely. We listen, absorb, tinker, discover and build upon objectives to shape project direction and craft widely used applications for our industry-leading clients.
When you start with empathy, amazing things can happen. Your mission will be to work with the POWERSHiFTER team and clients to design products and internal POWERSHiFTER projects that deliver on our promise of simplifying life’s experiences. You’ll leave no stone unturned in our endeavour to push for the most empathetic designs that are simple to use, diverse, inclusive and deliver on the goals set forward at the onset of every project. Are you ready to wear someone else’s shoes?
- The UI Designer is an interactive designer, conceptor and artist
- You use your talent for transforming great concepts into engaging creative that captures the imaginations of internal team members, clients, and customers.
- Work with the UX Designers and Product Strategists to conceptualize and execute designs that will advance clients’ businesses.
- Establish high level design direction for clients
- Articulate and present visual design and design rationale to internal team members and clients.
- Demonstrate and apply key principles of interface design to all screen-based media, including mobile, and emerging formats like design systems.
- Work closely with user experience and data science to refine designs through cycles of user testing and analytics.
- Craft designs that adopt principles of conversion centered design (CCD) to achieve real outcomes for businesses.
- Create interactive prototypes of designs with prototyping tools for the purpose of user testing and client presentations.
- Work closely with development to bring static designs to life through micro animations and elegant page transitions.
- Actively contributes to internal programs and internal marketing materials.
- Staying up to date on the latest design trends and fostering a design culture through the dissemination of literature and knowledge sharing.
- Have fun!
- Minimum education requirements: Relevant Bachelor Degree / certification (or work experience equivalent)
- Minimum experience requirements: 3+ years
We have an office in Vancouver's vibrant Chinatown, however, remote work is ok as long as you are able to work primarily within Pacific Standard Time.
We acknowledge that we live and work on the unceded territories of the xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam), Sḵwx̱wú7mesh (Squamish), Sel̓íl̓witulh (Tsleil-Waututh), Syilx tmixʷ (Okanagan), Nłeʔkepmx Tmíxʷ (Nlaka'pamux), Niitsítpiis-stahkoii ᖹᐟᒧᐧᐨᑯᐧ ᓴᐦᖾᐟ (Blackfoot / Niitsítapi ᖹᐟᒧᐧᒣᑯ) Nations. We are grateful for the opportunity to build our agency and communities on land that was cared for by these Nations.