At POWERSHiFTER, we deliver brilliant digital solutions that put people first. We believe that organically fostering an environment based on equality, trust and transparency will generate great ideas.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
At POWERSHiFTER you'll work directly with a group of engaged team members for our industry-leading clients. We listen, absorb, tinker, discover and build upon objectives to shape project direction and craft widely used applications.
This is either a full time job or a contract position
This role is based in Vancouver or remote (3 hours +/- Pacific Standard Time)
What You'll Do
- Collaborate in project planning, providing estimates and risk assessments.
- Participating in technical design sessions , brainstorming and client meetings
- Participating in design review and handoff meetings
- Ensure delivered interfaces and applications are responsive (mobile first), rendering as designed across required devices and browsers utilizing principles of progressive enhancement and/or graceful degradation
- Ensure delivered work is compliant with accessibility standards and best practices
- An empathetic approach to coding, providing clean, readable and maintainable work.
- Optimize code for reusability using atomic or modular design paradigms, as per best practices
- Implement interfaces and Single Page Applications (SPAs) using Reactjs
What You Need
- 3+ years of programing experience in a professional environment
- The ability to communicate in a team environment and with non-technical project stakeholders
- Demonstrate an understanding of wireframes and how they describe an interface
- Ability to navigate design outputs (Sketch/Figma/Invision)
- An eye for detail when translating design to code, in HTML, CSS or component-based frameworks
- Experience in measurement system integration for search-engine-optimization (SEO)
- Front-end build tooling (Webpack/Parcel, Babel, NPM/Yarn)
- Understanding of engineering for the web: client/server architecture, REST, and modern best practices
- Strong understanding of a Git based workflow
- Front-end testing libraries and methods (Jest/Enzyme/Cypress)
- An appreciation for functional programming paradigms
We use most of the following tools and solutions when building our products. If you have any of these experiences we’d love to know! We’ll of course give you an opportunity to learn if you don’t.
- Gatsby and/or NextJS
- Storybook for React
- CSS in js libraries such as Styled Components
- React Native
- Worked with other middleware language and related frameworks
- Node JS based or MERN stacks
- Worked with one or more of the following CMS
- Worked with backend-as-a-service platforms
- Understanding of sql and no-sql databases
- Understanding of GraphQL or Apollo Server
- Cloud experience
- Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Google Cloud Platform (GCP)